a boron-free semi-synthetic metalworking fluid designed for cast & ductile iron, and ferrous alloy machining and grinding operations.
QUAKERCOOL® 740 is a best in class coolant imparting excellent lubricity, corrosion protection, and a superior degree of cleanliness in cast and ductile iron operations. Performs very well on moderate duty ferrous alloy operations.
- Excellent fines handling, cleanliness
- Long sump life due to advanced biostable technology
- Mycobacteria resistant
- Tight microemulsion low drag out, excellent tramp oil rejection
- Low foaming
- Excellent short term corrosion protection
- No added Chlorine, Sulfur, or Formaldehyde
PROPERTIES AND TYPICAL VALUES
- Concentrate Appearance: Clear to translucent amber fluid
- Density: 8.55 lbs/gal
- Flash Point: 100°C / 212°F
- Odor: Pleasant, Amine-like
- In-use pH: 9.1 - 9.3
- Refractometer factor: 2.0